I will admit that I have recently developed an unhealthy obsession with tribal prints. Whether Mara Hoffman or my favorite blogs inspired my fascination for the bright colors and geometric shapes that characterize everything tribal, it has motivated me to create my latest DIY: tribal patterned sneakers. This project is as simple as it gets and requires few materials–you can even use a pair of shoes you already own!
All you’ll need is:
- a pair of sneakers
- fabric markers (I recommend using fabric Sharpies)
- white acrylic paint and a paintbrush (if your shoes are not white)
- optional: colored string or beads to personalize
1. Paint your shoes white. (If your sneakers are colored)
2. Create your tribal pattern by outlining geometric shapes in black.
3. Fill in pattern with colorful fabric markers or paint.
4. Personalize by stitching in colorful thread or beads.